1 Reply Latest reply on May 19, 2016 7:48 AM by lergustafson

Book Pallets will not stay docked

chrisdcotton

I have users who are used to being able to dock their Book pallets in their workspace and work from them when needed. With the latest updates that they have installed the Book pallet will not stay docked when opening a section of the book. The pallet will come undocked and either move to the top and behind the dock or it will be hidden all together. I have tried reseting preferences, reseting the workspace, saving a new workspace, setting permissions to the application support folder to include all enclosed items but nothing seems to solve this issue. I have also tried unchecking the Application Frame option from the Window menu. I have also noticed that if the pallet is left undocked then when opening a file from the book it will not go hidden. They are able to work this way but they are used to having all of their libraries and books docked. This only happens with Book pallets. Any ideas on what we could do to help solve this issue are appreciated!

Docked Book

1.jpg

After opening document:

2.jpg

Book showing as hidden from the Window menu:

Screen Shot 2016-03-16 at 11.53.36 AM.png

When the book is selected from the Window menu it reappears in the upper left hand corner:

4.jpg

• 1. Re: Book Pallets will not stay docked
          lergustafson

I'm having the same problem and it applies to the Library as well. Every time I dock a library or a book file, as soon as I open a file the book file and the library undock and are hidden behind everything. The only way to get to them is through the Window menu and when you bring them up they're placed on the top left-hand side of the screen for some reason. The only fix that I have found for this, and it is a completely unsatisfactory one, is when I'm working with two screens I put the book files and the library over on my second screen and they stay put then. I thought that maybe with the most recent update to InDesign that Adobe would have fixed this issue, but no such luck.