7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2016 4:41 PM by traceys67276916

Could corrupt InDesign CS6 files be crashing my iMac?

traceys67276916

I mistakenly upgraded to El Capitan, while still using CS6, and it's caused major problems every since. My iMac would shut itself off, and then turn back on, turn off, on...repeatedly. Apple and I did a lot of troubleshooting before I checked compatibility and realized CS6 and El Capitan are incompatible. Duh!

I wiped my hard drive and reinstalled my old OS, 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) and then used my saved .dmg from when I bought CS6 years ago, and reinstalled. The computer still crashed.

I then downloaded brand new files from Adobe, and was running InDesign and sometimes Photoshop all day yesterday and it was fine. Today I was again, running both but USING Photoshop when it crashed again. When it crashes, the screen goes blank grey and it takes several tries in either Recovery Mode or Cmd Option PR to get it back up and running again.

If I'm back to the old OS, and installed BRAND NEW files from Adobe, I don't understand why it's still crashing. I'm wondering if anyone else has had similar issues?

Apple ran diagnostics on the computer last week and they said the hardware was normal so it's got to be the software I'm running.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!