5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2016 11:32 AM by Szalam

I recently brought After Effect 6.0 standard and

biscuite

I've recently brought after effect 6.0 and they ask for the number of my previous product, I never had after effects until now. when I click to continue it ask for a challenge code, now unfortunately there is no phone service for this product, where do I get the challenge code they are asking for

• 1. Re: I recently brought After Effect 6.0 standard and
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It sounds like you purchased the "upgrade" version of After Effects 6.0 and not the full version. You will need to either obtain an earlier version of AE as well or simply buy a different version of After Effects.

How much did you pay for that, by the way? I hope not much; After Effects version 6.0 is nearly 13 years old! (It was released in August of 2003.)

The current version (which you can get for about $50 a month) is version 13.7

• 2. Re: I recently brought After Effect 6.0 standard and
            biscuite Level 1

ah...it read full...then I will send it back, it was $70. so it seems like I would have to go the route of AE cloud then, correct?

• 3. Re: I recently brought After Effect 6.0 standard and

biscuite wrote:

ah...it read full...then I will send it back, it was $70. so it seems like I would have to go the route of AE cloud then, correct?

You don't have to. You can still purchase CS6 (version 11.0) from Adobe, but the cloud is what I would suggest. CS6 is getting pretty old these days. Plus, a subscription gets you the latest version and all the versions all the way back through CS6, but not just for AE - you get ALL of Adobe's Creative software. That's Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Illustrator, SpeedGrade, Audition, Muse, and a bunch more. In addition to all of that, you get access to TypeKit fonts, Adobe's mobile apps (I really like Capture), and all sorts of other nice things.

biscuite wrote:

it was $70.

I mean, $70 is pretty cheap compared to what it would have cost to buy AE version 6.0 when it was new, but software doesn't age well at all! I wouldn't pay anything for AE version 6.0. I could see charging for CS4 (version 9.0) since it was the last version of AE that worked on 32-bit computers. And I could see people selling CS5 and CS6, but trying to sell 13-year-old video software seems a bit much to me.

• 4. Re: I recently brought After Effect 6.0 standard and
                biscuite Level 1

thanks you've been a big help. I decided to go with the cloud; it would make it easier for me anyway because I'm always on the move. Plus i get it now and I don't have to wait for days to work on my projects. Thanks again

• 5. Re: I recently brought After Effect 6.0 standard and

No problem. Have fun! Don't forget to check out the mobile apps.