7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2016 11:06 AM by Ann Bens

Organizer mess!

stevejayvideo77 Level 1

I tried Organizer.  I thought I had picked out 1 folder for it to download.  It downloaded many folders both video & photos.  How do I choose only the folders I want.  I want to have a folder that videos default to same for photos. I don't want them mixed together. Is there an easy way to delete the folder that was made? Thanks, Steve

• 1. Re: Organizer mess!
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What steps did you take to pick the one folder? And what do you mean "to download"? Do you mean you indicated a folder on your hard drive for the Organizer to import into your catalog?

Have you followed the steps I recommended in our other discussion?

Oqganizer Help

You can set up the Organizer's Media Browser to display only photos or only video by selecting the options from the View menu. Once you've done that, you could select all and put all of your photos into one Album and all of your videos into another, if you'd like.

The Organizer is a simple way to catalog all of the media files on your hard drive so that you can filter their view and quickly locate any files you'd like.

It sounds like you may be trying to make it do something else. What exactly would you like the Organizer to do, Steve? Once you've allowed it to catalog all of the media on your hard drive, it's relatively simple to have it display only media that meet certain criteria or even only media from one directory folder.

• 2. Re: Organizer mess!
            stevejayvideo77 Level 1

All I want to do is to be able to download my video & pix from my camera into organizer and then put them into separate  folders/files like I do now with my canon software.    Then I want to name the folder and put the videos and or photos in them in them.

And what do you mean "to download"? Do you mean you indicated a folder on your hard drive for the Organizer to import into your catalog? YES

Currently my video is downloaded to Canons Image mixer 3 . it is catalogued in that program and it also goes to Drive G that I selected as my default folder.  I would like video to go directly to the default that I pick and then I can name a file for the content.

• 3. Re: Organizer mess!
              Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Please do not double post,

Duplicate deleted.

• 4. Re: Organizer mess!
                stevejayvideo77 Level 1

It was not a double post. I was answering Steve’s question and trying to put in screen shot that he could see. Also trying to get it on today's questions so he would see it.  Now it's "old" from yesterday and no one will see it.  Before you delete somebody's message you should read it very carefully.

Steve

• 5. Re: Organizer mess!
                  Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I'm not sure how much I can do for you on this forum, Steve. You're seem to be chasing several issues at once, and in your eyes everything is a mess.

If you can focus on one thing task at a time, we'll be glad to answer your questions. The program, for instance, does include a tool for selecting which photos you get from your camera and where they go. But I don't know of a way to make that location the default for every photo every time you get pictures from your camera.

It might be best to keep using the software that does what you need for now.

• 6. Re: Organizer mess!
                    stevejayvideo77 Level 1

OK . Thanks. I understand. I appreciate all the questions you have answered.  I have a bit of a learning disability and many times it is hard for me to express the exact point I'm trying to. It also takes me a little time to figure out the answers and implement them.

Steve

• 7. Re: Organizer mess!
                      Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Answer someone's question in the same thread, do not open a new one, regardless what day it is.

When an answer has been given it is clearly marked as such.

Double posts get deleted. That is how a forum works.