3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2016 8:14 PM by johnrellis

Map lists same locations wrong

bryced87 Level 1

I took some photos at TD Garden in Boston. When I go to tag those photos in the Map in LightRoom it can't find TD Garden in Boston. Turns out it's listed as the Sports Museum which is a room in the TD Garden. Can I change the name so it says TD Garden rather than the Sports Museum?

• 1. Re: Map lists same locations wrong
          johnrellis Most Valuable Participant

Where do you want to change the name, on the map itself or in the location metadata fields in the photo?  You can't change names displayed on the map -- they are set by Google Maps.

• 2. Re: Map lists same locations wrong
            bryced87 Level 1

johnrellis wrote:

Where do you want to change the name, on the map itself or in the location metadata fields in the photo?  You can't change names displayed on the map -- they are set by Google Maps.

Actually these names aren't the same as Google. If you type TD Garden Boston it finds it in google maps but in LightRoom it doesn't find it.

• 3. Re: Map lists same locations wrong
              johnrellis Most Valuable Participant
              Actually these names aren't the same as Google. If you type TD Garden Boston it finds it in google maps but in LightRoom it doesn't find it.

Google provides the maps shown in LR.  But, as you've observed, what's shown in LR is somewhat different than at maps.google.com.   Regardless, you don't have any control over what Google decides to show in LR maps.