2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2016 10:39 AM by MrKodee

Problems with the crop function in Lightroom 6 ?

MrKodee

Hello; I am using Lightroom 6 on a PC with a compatible GPU. I cannot get the crop tool to function; either using the "tools" drop-down menu, or the crop icon in the "Develop" module.  After selecting either of the cropping selections, and after checking the "grid" selection, I get no response in the image that indicates the tool is working.  When I click either selection and try to use the cursor, the image either enlarges or diminishes without cropping.  When I watch videos on how to crop, I follow the instructions EXACTLY; still cannot crop!  What the heck is the problem??

• 1. Re: Problems with the crop function in Lightroom 6 ?
          Mohit Goyal Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi MrKodee,

Please try the following steps to fix the issue.

Try reset the Lightroom Preferences.

Press the shift + option for Mac and shift + Alt for Windows keys immediately after you restart Lightroom, and select Reset Preferences from the resulting dialog box.

If the above step didn't help, then try turn off the Graphics Processor from Lightroom Preferences.

Open Lightroom

Go to Lightroom Preferences from the Edit menu

Click on Performance tab

Uncheck the Graphics Processor

Restart Lightroom.

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

• 2. Re: Problems with the crop function in Lightroom 6 ?
            MrKodee Level 1

The initial suggestion did not work; I could not get the dialogue box you were referring to.  The second suggestion, entering "preferences" and un-checking the GPU box, did work.  Please explain exactly what the consequences of un-checking this box will have on the performance of Lightroom.  Thank you and Best Regards.