6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2016 12:33 PM by H2O4

Removing gap

H2O4

I almost complete my video and decided to add a few more images and it would create a gap

in my music. I tried left mouse key to use the "delete and close gap" function but it will not work.

If I try to move the music over it will not work either.

so, how do I close the gap without  having to delete the complete sound track and reinstalling it.

[all words CAP change to GAP by mod for clarity]

• 1. Re: Removing cap
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Which version of the program are you using on what operating system?

If your video with the gap in it on Video 1/Audio 1? The Delete and Close Gap feature in some versions of the program only works on Video 1/Audio 1.

Is there any video on any track other than your Video 1 and music tracks?

• 2. Re: Removing cap
            H2O4 Level 1

Elements 13 on Windows 10

My timeline images and video is on Video 1 while the sound/music is on Soundtrack timeline

• 3. Re: Removing cap

Can you Delete and Close Gap if you remove the soundtrack?

• 4. Re: Removing cap
                H2O4 Level 1

The cap is in my music not my image. I added several images and now I have a cap or split in my music

• 5. Re: Removing cap

That's correct. You can not delete and fill gap in the music if there are no gaps in your Audio 1/Video 1 track.

Drag to lasso the video on Video 1 to the right of your music and drag all of this video to the right. Then double-click in the gap in Video 1 and select Delete and Close Gap.

As I said, in current versions of the program, the "ripple" effect only affects the media on Video 1/Audio 1.

In the future, you can avoid splitting the music as you add video or photos by holding down the Ctrl key (the Cmd key on a Mac) as you add your video or photos to your timeline so that you're overriding the ripple effect.

• 6. Re: Removing cap
                    H2O4 Level 1

Ctrl key, good to info thanks.

I tried to drag and its seem to work partly, it would stop short of the music. Thank goodness for undo....