14 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2016 3:51 PM by Just Shoot Me

vignette on dng conversion

jillb03041960

when I copy as DNG from my raw file I end up with a vignette on all my photos which is not shown on the NEF files, this doesn't seem right. It has never happened on previous files.

• 1. Re: vignette on dng conversion
          Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

Hi jillb ,

Please make sure that a Develop Preset is not getting applied when you import images in Lightroom.

Develop preset should be set to none

Untitled.png

Regards,

Akash

• 2. Re: vignette on dng conversion
            jillb03041960 Level 1

Yes, checked this and that is exactly what I have set Develop settings = none. I have even tried it in the stand alone raw converter and get the same result

• 3. Re: vignette on dng conversion
              Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

Could you please post a screenshot of the images showing the vignette  applied/

~Akash

• 4. Re: vignette on dng conversion
                Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

jillb03041960 wrote:

Yes, checked this and that is exactly what I have set Develop settings = none. I have even tried it in the stand alone raw converter and get the same result

You get the same result AFTER you import those images into LR when using the Stand Alone DNG converter, Correct?

If so you have some type of Preset at work during the import process. Look at the very bottom of the import window for an area that says Import Preset and make sure it is set to None.

• 5. Re: vignette on dng conversion
                  jillb03041960 Level 1

Here are some screen shots of my settings and the nef pictues without vignette and dng with vignette:

• 6. Re: vignette on dng conversion

You can post screen shots replying by an email. you have to Log In to the Adobe support forums and post to your thread.

• 7. Re: vignette on dng conversion
                      mrmmmok

I believe the user said she has vignetting with the Adobe DNG Converter. So, even before importing to LR, she sees a vignette in the DNG output files. I see the exact same thing happening, and it's a very heavy vignette. I don't see any presets in the Adobe DNG Converter. Any solution to this? Thanks!

• 8. Re: vignette on dng conversion

mrmmmok wrote:

I believe the user said she has vignetting with the Adobe DNG Converter. So, even before importing to LR, she sees a vignette in the DNG output files. I see the exact same thing happening, and it's a very heavy vignette. I don't see any presets in the Adobe DNG Converter. Any solution to this? Thanks!

And as I replied and got no response the OP is getting that same vignette AFTER they import the image into LR.

That suggests they have some type of import Preset working that is creating the vignette.

No reply usually means the OP found the problem and corrected it.

• 9. Re: vignette on dng conversion
                          mrmmmok Level 1

But, the OP is also getting the vignette BEFORE importing too: "I have even tried it in the stand alone raw converter and get the same result." The vignetting occurs independent of LR; it occurs after the DNG Converter outputs the files.

• 10. Re: vignette on dng conversion

mrmmmok wrote:

But, the OP is also getting the vignette BEFORE importing too: "I have even tried it in the stand alone raw converter and get the same result." The vignetting occurs independent of LR; it occurs after the DNG Converter outputs the files.

Where does the OP state he sees the same result Before the image is imported into LR. For the OP to see that they would need to using some other RAW/DNG processor like Adobe Bridge. They never said that. It is your speculation.

All they said was they get the same result. That same result is After the import into LR.

In all honesty why are you even replying to this thread? It is 2+ months old and the OP has never posted back at all and without any screen shots.

• 11. Re: vignette on dng conversion
                              mrmmmok Level 1

OP said on March 17 that "I have even tried it in the stand alone raw converter and get the same result" -- meaning, the vignette occurs independent of LR. She clearly says "stand alone raw converter." Please let me know if I'm reading something incorrectly.

I'm replying to this thread because I found a similar issue yesterday, and this forum popped up in my search results. Do I need another reason?

• 12. Re: vignette on dng conversion

The stand alone DNG converter is not a viewing program. So how does the OP view those DNGs after they are converted from NEF files.

Yes you are reading something wrong. If you had started your own thread, given exact details of your problem and the steps you are taking we would be sure to help.

99.999999% of the time (read that as 100%) problems like what the OP had is user error in one way or another.

• 13. Re: vignette on dng conversion
                                  mrmmmok Level 1

But once the converter outputs, you can see the vignette added, regardless of viewing program. For instance, Preview on a Mac shows the Vignette, as does Windows Photo Viewer on PC. Are there "presets" or "develop" options for those viewing apps?

Even in LR, on the Import screen, before importing, you can see the vignette as you scroll thru the images to see which ones you want to import. This is before any preset and develope action is taken.

• 14. Re: vignette on dng conversion

Please start your own thread with screen shots of what you are seeing.

I will not be responding to this thread again.