Could you please let me know the version of Lightroom installed on your computer ?
Also please try the following steps :
- Go to Lightroom > Preferences.
- Also please Go to the Preferences > Performance Tab, and uncheck "Use Graphics Processor "
- Restart Lightroom and see if it works.
Thanks for the reply Tanuj,
I'm using 2015.4 Release
I can't go to Preferences, because Lightroom hangs already after opening the Edit menu. Any suggestions what I should do now?
Timo, I would suggest you to please update Lightroom to the most recent version 2015.5 : Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date
In case it still does not work, please try :
- Navigate to %appdata%\Adobe\Lightroom\Preferences\Lightroom 6 Preferences.agprefs.
- Open the file Lightroom 6 Preferences.agprefs in TextEdit.
- Change the line useAutoBahn = true to this line: useAutoBahn = false
- Save and close the file Lightroom 6 Preferences.agprefs.
- Launch Lightroom again.
I updated to the newest version, but it didn't work.
Then I updated the preferences file according to your instructions, and it still doesn't work
- Please go to the Device Manager of Windows, from there expand Display Adapters.
- Disable the graphic card and then open Lightroom , go to the preferences of Lightroom , then the Performance tab and uncheck the option for " Use Graphics Processor " .
- Close Lightroom and go back to the Device Manager and enable the Display Adapter.
- Open Lightroom and then work in Lightroom and check if it works fine.
I disabled the graphic card but I can't go to Preferences because Lightroom hangs before I get there.
Any idea what next?
I would suggest to please reboot the computer in Safe mode with networking and then try to go the preferences of Lightroom.
Didn't help The second click is always too much.
If I ever get it working, I will never touch the automatic face recognition again.
Could you please uninstall Lightroom once completely from the computer.
Enable the Root account, log in to the Root account and then reinstall Lightroom once.
How to enable Root Account : How to enable the hidden Windows 10 administrator account - gHacks Tech News
I have exactly the same issue. Worked for years with different versions of LR without ptoblem. Have LR 6 for a couple of months, no issue. Then all of a sudden it hangs on startup. I tried by forcing it to ask me for the catalog to open, assigned a new one to it... and it hangs again.
Based on a hint I found on the net, I made a new user account on my PC and tried LR - this works! But for me this is not the solution, I want to keep working with LR in my original account, like I do with ALL other installed Software :-(
And no, I have not installed anything recently. And yes, I do work with the latest LR version.
Really, really annoying! Lost hours of trying. And I lost confidence in this product.