3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2016 8:26 AM by dj_paige

Lr update to 2015.5 not offered by CC updater

Rockshead Level 1

I currently have Lr 2015.3 installed under a CC contract an iMac running El Capitan. The Adobe CC updateri is offering the latest update options for Photoshop and Bridge, but the Lr option stubbornly remains up to date. Which it patently isn't. In fact it is now two versions behind; my having decided against risking 2015.4. That is probably the same outcome for this latest, but it would be operetune to resolve this glitch before any major update that I might want to take a punt on. Any thoughts welcome.

• 1. Re: Lr update to 2015.5 not offered by CC updater
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You could uninstall LR CC entirely, then reinstall it with the CC app, which should get you the .0 version, then try reupdating it to .5.  There are direct installer-download links you can use, but it’d be nice to get the update process working like it’s supposed to:  ttp://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2013/06/keeping-lightroom-up-to-date.html#lrcc2015

To use these direct links, you need to install the .0 version then the latest .x patch.

• 2. Re: Lr update to 2015.5 not offered by CC updater
            Rockshead Level 1

Thank you. I am sure your plan would bear fruit; but I think in this instance I'm going to pass, pending the next prime version. And probably then not until  after others have enjoyed the honeymoon. Going back to .0, with all the nonsense that that entailed first time round, with the Import function (for example), is too long odds for very little gain. I fit squarely into the hole that enjoys the basic editing functions - that Lr provides very well - and needs them to work every day. What a pity those facets are let down so consistanty by Adobe tinkering to "improve"  things. Again, thanks for your suggestion.

• 3. Re: Lr update to 2015.5 not offered by CC updater
              dj_paige Level 9

Download the specific updater file from

Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

and then install from this file