Updating Lightroom will not solve permission issues.
Please give us a link to the other discussion, or state the problem you are having in sufficient detail so we can provide additional help.
I get exactly the same issue.
I applied the recommended actions:
but problem remained.
Get stuck for 24hours already...
So tell us exactly what you did, and what happened.
Show us screen captures so we can see the permissions on the specified folders.
the message when I launch LR 6.5 is the following above.
I followed the recommendation here:https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-cc-2015-4-lightroom-6-4-crashes-on-launch.h tml
I still have issue to change privilige for Preferences as no Adobe file under.
I found the solution.
You need to follow the below steps :
- Open Finder
- Choose Go menu and select go to folder
- Type in ~/library and hit go
- Open Application Support folder
- Give full read and write permissions for everyone to Adobe folder
- Similarly, you need to give full permissions to Adobe folder at location : Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe
I may have done the wrong command earlier.
Thanks to all