3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2016 9:35 AM by Dave LaRonde

After Effects Frame Rate

kayleighs66406747

I have created an animation in After Effects with a lot of layers and keyframes. I need to slow the entire composition down, but I dont want to go back and edit each keyframe (it would take forever). I tried slowing down the frame rate, and the RAM preview looked good...however, when I export the composition, it goes back to its normal faster speed. What am I missing?

• 1. Re: After Effects Frame Rate
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

First of all, we must ask this:  what is the frame rate you're required to deliver?   It's a good idea to start there and work backwards from that point when planning an AE project.

• 2. Re: After Effects Frame Rate
            kayleighs66406747 Level 1

Im not required to deliver any specific frame rate. I have an animation that I built, but, in the end, I decided it was a little too fast. I just want to slow it down, but I dont want to edit each keyframe to do so. Is there a way to change the overall speed? I assumed it was frame rate?

• 3. Re: After Effects Frame Rate
              Dave LaRonde Level 6

Almost everyone has to deliver at a specific frame rate.  It may be determined by the ultimate playback device, by a web site or by the hardware on which it will be displayed.  The only reason NOT to have a specific frame rate  would be if you're just making this for your own enjoyment and don't plan to play it back anywhere else.

If you're just making this for fun, nest the comp in another comp.  Enable Time Remapping.  Make your new comp longer than the original, and drag out the the last keyframe of the time remapping to slow it down.

1 person found this helpful