4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2006 9:20 AM by jhemmi

Mouseover popup

jhemmi
      I found a topic listed for RoboHelp HTML 2002 R2 about adding a mouseover popup. Does this procedure work for RoboHelp HTML X3?

http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=rb_6667

I've been unsuccesful in implenting it.

Thanks for the help,
      Jane
        • 1. Re: Mouseover popup
          Level 2
          Jane,

Although I'm not very familiar with newer versions of RoboHelp, this would not be version specific, since it is tweaking of the actual code, though it is possible that the "BSSC" has changed to "eHelp." I think you would have seen that in the first step, though.

Old versions of RoboHelp were produced by Blue Sky Software Corp. (BSSC) and they were bought by eHelp, which changed the names of some of the files, including the javascript file (BSSCDHTM.js). I'm not sure of the function names in the new eHelpDHTM.js file but that might be the problem. I'd open the .js file in notepad and search for the functions used - if you don't find them, try substituting "BSSC" with "ehelp" or "ehlp."

Hope this helps. You say you were unsuccessful, but what happens? Any error messages?

John
          • 2. Mouseover popup
            jhemmi Level 1
            The BSSC is still used in X3. Maybe you could look at my True Code...

<p><a href="javascript:BSSCPopup('TestPopup.htm');"
            id=a1
            OnMouseOver="javascript:BSSCPopup('TestPopup.htm') OnMouseOut="
            BSSCPopupClicked()&quot;>Popup</a><!--begin!kadov{{--><script type="text/javascript"
            language=JavaScript1.2><!--
            kadovFilePopupInit('a1');
            //--></script><!--}}end!kadov--></p>

Thanks,
            Jane
            • 3. Re: Mouseover popup
              Level 2
              Jane,

Sorry for the delay. Your code looks like it has a few bugs the &quot in place of a " , and you should have a closing quote after the first OnMouseOver = "BSSCPopup('topic.htm'I". Then the OnMouseOut should have a javascript prefix, though I don't think that is necessary.

John
              • 4. Re: Mouseover popup
                jhemmi Level 1
                John,

Thanks for the answer. The instructions left out the end quote until the final summary, and that fixed it form me.

As a summary to anyone, the following information works for RoboHelp X3.

http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=rb_6667

Thanks!
                Jane