Georgia Blackberry

Unable to load dng files in Lightroom?

• 1. Re: unable to load dng files in Lightroom
          Silkrooster Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Moved to Lightroom forum.

• 2. Re: unable to load dng files in Lightroom
            dj_paige Level 9

Give us the details.

What version NUMBER of Lightroom? (Don't tell me it's the latest version or words like that, I want to know the version NUMBER)

What operating system?

How were the DNGs created, camera or DNG converter? GIve us the exact model of the DNG converter and/or exact camera model.

What happens when you try to import the DNGs? What is the exact error message?

Please answer ALL of these questions.

• 3. Re: unable to load dng files in Lightroom
              Georgia Blackberry Level 1

Reply to dj_palge

Lightroom CC

Window 10

files are from a canon D5 mark II, 

Lightroom don't recognize the file as a photo file.

I save all my files in Lightroom with a dng format, Lightroom can open these files up ok.  If I bring other files from an outside source, Lightroom will not be able to open these files. `

Lightroom CC and  Lightroom 5.7 is unable to open dng files that did not originate from lightroom.

• 4. Re: unable to load dng files in Lightroom
                dj_paige Level 9

Lightroom don't recognize the file as a photo file.

Explain this further. What does "don't recognize" mean? Describe the exact thing you see on your screen when Lightroom is not recognizing the dng files. What is the EXACT word-for-word unedited error message? Or show us a screen capture.

If I bring other files from an outside source,

Explain this further. What outside source? How were these DNG files created? Give us the exact steps.

When you say "unable to load dng", what does "load" mean??? Import, or use in the Develop Module, or something else?