6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2016 6:27 AM by Muhammad Umair Shabbir

track moving objects automatically...........

Muhammad Umair Shabbir Level 1

hello

i am well familar with

mocha AE , mochapro , AEcc2015 ,PR cc2015 , facetracking

i want to ask can we track moving object automatically (much like AE face tracking i.e:- we just has to provide  a bit action)

is it possible to track the hole moving objects in video automaticaly in any software???? or may be like AE face tracking track hole objects

reply if u know any thing because i have not founded any best trackers i have mentioned above

thanks...

• 1. Re: track moving objects automatically...........
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You have to define what you want to track. What are you trying to do?

• 2. Re: track moving objects automatically...........

i want to track every mmoving oject in video clip may have 2D motion or 2.5D motion

i want AE to observe the clip (like , similarlyit done in 3D camerra tracker) and then broke or seperate every moving object from background

so we can apply ant effect to any particular moving object(e.g:-moving birds in video clip) automatically (not like in mocha or other such tools)

i think it is not present at this time in AE

i request every one to order,or request tis feature in upcoming AE update or version

please

it will be very help full u all knows that

thanks

• 3. Re: track moving objects automatically...........

You are talking about a huge amount of work. The right tacker to use depends entirely on the motion in the shot and what you are trying to accomplish. AE does not have a tracker that will make a 3D model of someone walking through a scene or make a 3D model of a car driving through a scene. Even tracking software that has those kind of features takes careful setup and analysis depending on the motion and the object in the shot.

You can fake 3D using Mocha, you can camera track providing there is enough fixed geometry in a scene for the movement of the camera to be solved, you can do position and scale and rotation tracking in AE using the Motion Trackers. There is no one solution for everything. Even if you were working on a bib budget feature film you would carefully plan each effect on each shot and carefully control all elements from the placing of the camera and lights to the blocking of the action with the effect in mind. I should nave not said "Even" I should have said "Especially" because comp;lex visual effects shots must be planed and every aspect of the shot and the effect matched to the tools you have at hand. From you description you want to take your camera or your cell phone out of your pocket, shoot a shot with a bunch of things moving around and push a button and have tracking info on everything in the scene. Even if you had a million dollars to throw at software that is not going to happen automatically for every shot.

So here's my advice. Plan to do one thing with a shot. Have somebody walk down a hall with a little cartoon figure sitting on their shoulder. Now figure out how you would best make the cartoon character and how best you would track the things that are moving in the shot so you could pull off the effect. When you have the shot planed out in your mind and have drawn some sketches (even stick figures) that detail the shot, then come back to us with some specific details of the shot you are trying to accomplish and we can point you in the right direction.

• 4. Re: track moving objects automatically...........

pf track provides some thing

but

i want same in AE because there is not work flow b/w pf track and AE

so

any more help

thanks fpr reply

• 5. Re: track moving objects automatically...........

Without seeing the specific shot I can't give you any better suggestions. Some shots are easy to track and work inside AE, others require different solutions. There is NO one tracker does all. Some things that very expensive motion tracking software will do can be more easily done in AE and some shots just won't track no matter what solution you try. There are billions of possible combinations of shots and tracking requirements. You have to be specific and show us the exact shot you want to track and tell us exactly what you want to do with that tracking info for us to give you any kind of meaningful suggestions.

• 6. Re: track moving objects automatically...........

it seems complicated

i want hole body tracker or object tracker just like AE face tracker