4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2016 1:10 PM by abs97848620

slow motion slider is greyed out

frankielouise

Hi there, I imported a file that was recorded at 120 fps. Not inside CLIP I can't move the speed slider. I wanted to speed it up as it is too slow. Because I recorded at 120fps is this why slow motion isn't working?

• 1. Re: slow motion slider is greyed out
          petergaraway Adobe Employee

Hi Frankie,

This is expected for videos shot at 120fps. At this time Clip does support speeding up video, it can only slow video down.

You've had lots of great request. Feel free to create a new post with any features you'd like to see in Clip!

Thanks!

Peter Garaway  

• 2. Re: slow motion slider is greyed out
            abs97848620 Level 1

Hello petergaraway !

I'm new to Adobe Clip and this forum, and I also came across this limitation.

I'm trying to simplify my workflow by trying out different apps and hopefully reduce the number of apps. First of all, congratulations on Premier Clip, really cool app!

Fully adopting Adobe Clip as my main video editing tool would require a separate app only to adjust the frame rate. I used several apps for video editing, including paid ones, and adjusting video speed is present in e.g GoPro Splice, GoPro Quik and Pinnacle Studio Pro. These apps have different methods of treating slow-motion/high frame-rate videos, whereas Clip currently offers no feature (speed slider is disabled, as mentioned by @frankielouise).

Someone commented in another post that you should only shoot with higher frame rate what you will actually use it as slow-motion. While I don't shoot everything in slow-motion, I believe the whole point of using a mobile phone to make videos is to have flexibility. As they say, you can always speed-up a video with higher frame rates, but you cannot slow down without compromising quality. Of course, you need tools for that   It would be nice to have Adobe Clip support such feature.

Do you have a separate platform to gather feature suggestions and allow the community to vote for their most wanted feature? I'm not associated with UserVoice, but I think it's a great platform for that.

Half Scheidl

• 3. Re: slow motion slider is greyed out
              petergaraway Adobe Employee

Hi Half,

Thanks for your feedback! I 100% agree with you. I'd love to have ability to adjust the speed no matter what the video frame rate was shot at. Currently we're using this forum as a place to enter feature request for our mobile apps. For our desktop tools we use this link here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

I hope to get the mobile apps added to the list.

Please create a new post(s) for any feature request you'd like to see in the app. You can title it "Feature Request: ......"

Thanks for using Clip!

Best,

Peter Garaway

• 4. Re: slow motion slider is greyed out
                abs97848620 Level 1

For future reference, the Feature request is registered here:

Feature Request: Support for high frame-rate videos / speed-up slow motion videos

If someone believes this a useful feature please comment on the other thread so we try to bring the attention from Adobe development team