2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2016 8:15 PM by radione

Adding more than one audio track

frankielouise

Is there a work around for having more than one audio track. Not layered, but if there are two clips edited together and you want to have one clip with one audio track, and the second clip with a different audio?

Could you edit two tracks separately and then afterwards connect them?

Or if you want to lay an music track, but then have a voice over layered on top?

• 1. Re: Adding more than one audio track
          petergaraway Adobe Employee

Hi Frankie,

Is there a work around for having more than one audio track. Not layered, but if there are two clips edited together and you want to have one clip with one audio track, and the second clip with a different audio?

We currently do not have an easy way to do this but it can be done. There's a few ways you can accomplish this but I would probably use the following method:

1. Edit the first clip(s) to the music you want and save it to your Camera Roll.

2. Create a new project and edit the 2nd clip(s) with the desired soundtrack and save to your Camera Roll.

3. Create a new project using the 2 edits you saved to your Camera Roll.

Or if you want to lay an music track, but then have a voice over layered on top?

At this time Clip does not support a voice over track but if you had a voice over saved to iTunes, you could import it as a soundtrack and use it to the project you created in step 3 above.

Hope this helps! We look forward to continually making Clip better and adding features to help this type of workflow.

Best,

Peter Garaway 

• 2. Re: Adding more than one audio track
            radione

Here's to hoping layered tracks and voice over track options are on the roadmap for clip.  It would be a huge reason to actually use the app, for me the limitations with audio/vidoe layers are the biggest reason it's not a viable option for me yet.