- Could you please let me know the version of Lightroom installed on your computer ?
- Also which operating system are you working on , Windows or MAC ?
- Are you getting the prompt to repair the Catalog, if yes, then try opening any other Catalog.
- And if not, please let me know the exact error that you are getting .
- Also check the following link : Lightroom encountered user permissions issues. Lightroom Photoshop Bridge crashes or hangs on launch
I'm having the same problem. This is extremely frustrating. I've tried repairing the permissions following the instructions, but my system says I don't have permission to change the permissions in the Library/Preferences folder (even after I've put in my password and the lock icon is unlocked), and I don't have a /Library/Caches/Adobe/ folder.
Please help. I'm a professional with deadlines. I can't afford for Adobe to shut my studio down again with their buggy updates.
Please try the information as per the following link : Lightroom 2015.5: Won't start. Ask to change permission of folders, but that doesn't solve. | Photoshop Family Customer …
Let me know if it helps.
Thanks Tanuj. I reverted back to LR 6.4 so that I didn't lose any more time. I'm very uncomfortable with the terminal solutions and with downloading things to install from non-adobe sources. I'm a photographer, not a programmer, and I'm worried about messing up my system by trying to do things I don't understand. When is adobe going to fix the problem with a real update? I'll wait for that.
I try very hard to be sensible and polite. I'm not a troll. This is extremely frustrating, though. This is the second time in 6 months that Adobe has rendered the software I use inoperable through these updates. Why on earth are they doing this? If I treated my customers this way I'd be unemployed.
Thanks again for your help.