3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2016 8:58 AM by Pearl's Mom

Problems with tool icon.

Pearl's Mom

In all my Adobe products, the tool icon flashes/flickers between the tool and arrow. This is now occurring with all input devices, mouse and Wacom pen. My mouse is controlled by the Logitech Controller plugged into my USB outlet. The tools work as expected, however the flashing makes it difficult to manage fine manipulations. Help!

MacBook Pro OSX 10.11.3

Adobe Illustrator CC

Adobe Photoshop CS5

InDesign CS 5.5

• 2. Re: Problems with tool icon.
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

CS5.5 is definitely not compatible with El Capitan (10.11). It's end-of-life and will never be updated.

You'd best roll back to an earlier Mac OS X version or upgrade to Creative Cloud software.

• 3. Re: Problems with tool icon.
            Pearl's Mom Level 1

Thanks, Steve ....as I noted, I am subscribed to Creative Cloud for Illustrator. As a semi-retired freelancer, it is hard to justify the whole suite. The amount of work I get will not pay for the upgrade. This problem also exists with the upgraded Illustrator.

This is frustrating because I have been a loyal Adobe user since the 1980s, and the cost is becoming prohibitive. The new features/gadgets are superfluous for many of us professionals, but I understand the need for a constant revenue stream. It would be helpful if Adobe would offer "pared down" versions at a lower cost for users with no need for exotic effects. Also, I believe it would be profitable for Adobe since it would attract more users with simpler needs, and present a shorter learning curve for new users.

Might have to roll back to Yosemite .......