4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2016 4:30 PM by Nicolosi

where is copy and paste?

Nicolosi

Where is the "Copy and Paste" function? Ever since the latest upgrade,I cannot figure out how to COPY a piece of text.

• 1. Re: where is copy and paste?
          meenakshin83966505 Adobe Employee

Hi Carl A Nichols,

Please let us know the version of Windows mobile you are using.

Are you able to select the text on your mobile?

If yes, then a circular Copy icon will appear just above the selected text.

Make sure the document is not secured.

Regards,

Meenakshi

• 2. Re: where is copy and paste?
            Nicolosi Level 1

I have Windows Phone 8.1.

The latest ADOBE Reader update occurred on February 2, 2016, bringing me to "v 16.0.13.7027".

I have used the Reader app from ADOBE since it became available to the Windows Phone Platform, and I have always been able to 'Select' text, then copy it to use (Paste) elsewhere. 

Since this latest UPDATE, I can still select text, but now I can only "Highlight", "Strikethrough", or "Underline" the selection in an UNPROTECTED document.  In a PROTECTED document, I can only SELECT text.  No options to perform ANY tasks are available!

I have a document (of my own creation) that contains numerous passwords. -- some of them very long and cryptic.  This document is password PROTECTED for security.  I normally use the "Copy / Paste" function to use these passwords, thus avoiding errors in typing, and to avoid the possibility of a spyware app from tracking keystrokes.

Please help!  I rely on the ADOBE Reader app heavily. 

• 3. Re: where is copy and paste?
              abhissha Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Carl,

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. But currently we do not have option of copy/paste in Windows phone 8.1 due to technical limitation in the OS.

Thanks,

Abhishek

• 4. Re: where is copy and paste?
                Nicolosi Level 1

Thank you for the response.  I hope ADOBE is planning to provide another update the restores the COPY / PASTE functionality.