1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 20, 2006 9:32 AM by Newsgroup_User

Can anyone help with apparent random motion, but isn't really random

GuruSath
      Hi All,
      Does anyone have any code examples of apparent random motion, that isn't really random. I need a movieclip to travel down the screen in an apparently random way, but I also need it to end up at a specific point when it hits the floor (Stage.height). The motion needs to be smooth. it's supposed to be travelling on the wind. I wrote a great little class for the random motion, but no one told me it had to end up at a particular point and I can't get my head around that at all.

Thanks in advance
        • 1. Re: Can anyone help with apparent random motion, but isn't really random
          Level 7
          "GuruSath" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message news:e289ka$e49$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hi All,
          > Does anyone have any code examples of apparent random motion, that isn't
          > really random. I need a movieclip to travel down the screen in an apparently
          > random way, but I also need it to end up at a specific point when it hits the
          > floor (Stage.height). The motion needs to be smooth. it's supposed to be
          > travelling on the wind. I wrote a great little class for the random motion, but
          > no one told me it had to end up at a particular point and I can't get my head
          > around that at all.
          >
          > Thanks in advance

It would be easier to use a motion guide and tween it rather than to use Actionscript but if you have to do it with Actionscript you
          can use random but give it a 'weighted' offset that increases towards the final destination.
          tralfaz