2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2016 8:43 AM by danielc28552572

Lynda.com After Effects 2015 Tutorial 9. Project: Building Graphics for Video Editing 9m 52s_??

danielc28552572

Lynda.com After Effects 2015 Tutorial 9. Project: Building Graphics for Video Editing 9m 52s_

Tutorial frame area in question: @ <-> 09:52

Tutorial: Now I want you to position your current time indicator to about frame 18 and then select Layer one and shift click on Layer two, and if it's being temperamental just deselect all the layers. Click on Layer one, shift click on Layer two and then press option S to create Scale keyframes, or alt S on Windows.

Then lets move a couple frames forward to about frame 10. At frame 10 change the scale to zero, and since we have both layers selected it automatically added two keyframes. Q&A: So here if I press the spacebar, you can see I've got my surfboards actually scaling in. And they come in from the sides because I moved the position of the Transform Group as opposed to the position of the layer itself.

danielc28552572: On my version of this tutorial in progress: “I am not getting the surfboards to scale in from the sides from 0-100% as instructed. In the instructions dialogue above (see Q&A:) you can see I've got my surfboards actually scaling in. And they come in from the sides because I moved the position of the Transform Group as opposed to the position of the layer itself.

My animations does not come in from the sides because the instruction says insert keyframe at 18 Command S at 100% and move ahead in the timeline to frame 10 and enter 0% automatically inserting 2 keyframes with both layers selected… PROBLEM MY ANIMATION AS KEY-FRAMED SHRINKS FROM DEAD CENTER 0% SCALING UP TO 100% DEAD CENTER.

What am I doing wrong. Or is it the tutorial.

danielc28552572