5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2016 3:33 AM by Peter Spier

Indesign image problem

cally1216

Hey Everyone, I have attached the image already and the background color of the image should be white.

But after I print it out on a color paper, the background color of my image is gone!

Can anyone please tell me how can I keep my images background color as white?

Thanks millions!

• 1. Re: Indesign image problem
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

The forums don't accept email attachments. You can embed a screen shot in a post using the camera icon on the web page like this:

CameraIcon.png

What format is the image? Is there anything behind the image? What do you see when you turn on overprint preview?

• 2. Re: Indesign image problem
            rob day Adobe Community Professional & MVP

background color of the image should be white.

But after I print it out on a color paper, the background color of my image is gone!

If you are trying to print white on colored paper via a composite printer, that would be impossible.

• 3. Re: Indesign image problem
              cally1216 Level 1

It is a jpeg. Nothing behind it.Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 15.54.48.png

• 4. Re: Indesign image problem
                Nicolas Levet Level 2

Basically it depens on the printing technique, and on the ability to print with white ink

Offset, Inkjet and laser  printers don't have white ink (except some recent techniques such as Indigo)

if you want white ink you must print in silkscreen printing and your white background in InDesign should be a new "white" spot color in order to exist as a separation ink.

• 5. Re: Indesign image problem
                  Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

If you need white against a colored background you need to print on white paper and print the background color along with your other content. To do that, add a frame that fills the page (including the bleed area) on a layer below your other layout elements and fill that frame with your background color, then lock the layer. The bad news is that this will require printing on a larger sheet and then trimming.