• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update Failure Code U44M2P28: Lightroom 6.1.1 to 6.5 (perpetual license)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2016 Mar 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom 6.1.1 installed (perpetual license) and want to update to 6.5 (perpetual). I located the update, downloaded it and attempted to install it. But the Adobe Application Manager tells me the installation failed, error code U44M2P28. [I've   tried with earlier updates, and have gotten similar results.]

Here are the details. To prepare for the update, I applied Simon Chen's permissions fix (Lightroom 2015.5: Won't start. Ask to change permission of folders, but that doesn't solve. | Photos...).

I downloaded the 6.5 update and activated the installation. But I got the following failure window:

Adobe_Application_Manager.jpg

The error log is a single page with this on it:

Lightroom CC/6 Update – March 2016

Update is not applicable. Error Code: U44M2P28

Any help would be appreciated. I'm beginning to think that I won't be able to apply ANY updates.

If I should need to uninstall then reinstall my current version (6.1.1), where can I get a fresh copy to install? If I need to uninstall 6.1.1, how? The Adobe Applications Manager won't open. Can I use any other uninstaller that deletes all application's files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 21, 2016 Mar 21, 2016

I got an answer. The key was finding a source for LR 6.0, which I got (with all the 6.0 updates) from this Adobe link: Install Photoshop Lightroom.

I then used AppZapper (Mac) to delete LR 6.1.1. I used Steve Chen's permission fixer, then installed LR6.0, then updated it to LR6.5. It worked, and all's well. Thank you tipsters!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

U44.. update error http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1289956 may help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, John. I'd already come across this reference in the forums. I'd like to give it a try, but I assume that after uninstalling 6.1 I'd need to install 6.0, then the 6.5 patch. But I don't have a 6.0 installer and don't know where to get it.

But another problem is the suggestion to use Adobe's Uninstaller. I don't have that either. Can I just use a competent uninstaller like AppZapper, which deletes all the accompanying library files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the info

TK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got an answer. The key was finding a source for LR 6.0, which I got (with all the 6.0 updates) from this Adobe link: Install Photoshop Lightroom.

I then used AppZapper (Mac) to delete LR 6.1.1. I used Steve Chen's permission fixer, then installed LR6.0, then updated it to LR6.5. It worked, and all's well. Thank you tipsters!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines