4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2016 8:48 AM by SebastiaoV

export setting image black and white

SebastiaoV Level 1

Hi guys,

I am doing a newspaper add. The main image is a pigeon with a black and white image of man inside it. The pigeon is a vector silhouette filled with color blue. When i paste inside the black and white image all turn blue. It has a similar effect as the "Multiply" layer in Photoshop. It is a very nice effect and quite useful. However, i am just concern since i am exporting the PDF for printer something the effect will change color and i don´t know why.

this is the desired result

http://postimg.org/image/a0e393lgp/

and this is how it is showed in the icon of the PDF and sometimes when i open the PDF.

http://postimg.org/image/v2ay6ln5t/

why is that?

Any help or ideas?

Best,
      Uza

• 1. Re: export setting image black and white
          Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant
          1. What kind of color? Spot or Process?
          2. Why are you pasting the man? You should import the man via File > Place…
          3. Do you use any kind of transparency? Fill method other than normal?
          • 2. Re: export setting image black and white
            SebastiaoV Level 1

Hi Will, thanks for your reply.

1 What kind of color? Spot or Process?

The color is CMYK.

2 . Why are you pasting the man? You should import the man via File > Place…

I am sorry i might got confused. I did Placed the image not pasted.

3 . Do you use any kind of transparency? Fill method other than normal?

No transparency that i can see so far.

The fill method is just picking the color sample, no other.

For the record, i notice some very strange behaviour in InDesing with transparency and color. If i am making a spread and some of the image have some transparency that will affect all images in the page by making them "lighter". When i delete the transparent effect applied image just to test all the image will suddently change to a more darker tone. I guess i am not the only one that happen this issue. I know if a bit confusing and i don't know if i am explaining it well since English is not my first language. 

• 3. Re: export setting image black and white
              rob day Adobe Community Professional & MVP

No transparency that i can see so far.

You might have transparency with no noticeable affect. Open the Flattener preview panel to check. Here one of the magenta boxes is set to Multiply and because there's nothing underneath there's no visual effect.

Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 2.52.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 2.52.39 PM.png

What app are you viewing the PDF in? You should be using AcrobatPro for checking print files.

• 4. Re: export setting image black and white
                SebastiaoV Level 1

Thanks Rob, that was very useful info.

I re-check the PDF and it seems it is working now. It seems the problem is with Dropbox PDF viewer.

Cheers,