6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2016 8:20 AM by ryans73481806

Raw file update?

ryans73481806

A lot of people have asked about the newest version of Lightroom and problems uploading raw files.  I have a Sony A7s ii with ARW files and the latest version of Lightroom.  Will Adobe accommodate this problem in the next update or should I switch to Capture One?

• 1. Re: Raw file update?
          Mohit Goyal Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi ryans,

I think Lightroom 6.2 does support the camera model which you mentioned above.

A7S 11.PNG

Refer: Cameras supported by Adobe Camera Raw

Regards,

Mohit

• 2. Re: Raw file update?
            Geoff the kiwi Adobe Community Professional & MVP

ryans73481806 wrote:

A lot of people have asked about the newest version of Lightroom and problems uploading raw files.  I have a Sony A7s ii with ARW files and the latest version of Lightroom.  Will Adobe accommodate this problem in the next update or should I switch to Capture One?

Do you have a problem?? If so which OS and which version of Lightroom....

Lightroom has no problem and as for camera updates, never has.

Now camera manufacturers they choose when to release and don't consult the Lightroom team prior.

It is also camera manufacturers who make new raw formats each release.....

Capture One has the same issue but you are welcome to try what you like....

May I suggest you try a Leica???? Leica use the open format DNG which is compatible upon release...

• 3. Re: Raw file update?
              ryans73481806 Level 1

Thank you.  I try to convert to DNG and LR is still unable to upload.  Am I missing something?

• 4. Re: Raw file update?
                ryans73481806 Level 1

I have OS X.  I don't want to purchase another camera, but I bring up Camera One because when I used a trial it uploaded ARW files.  If I have all the latest versions and LR is compatible with A7s ii I'm not sure what else I can do.

• 5. Re: Raw file update?
                  DdeGannes Adobe Community Professional

You have not indicated why you have a problem with the latest version of Lightroom not opening your ARW files from the Sony A7s ii. The latest Lightroom version is LR CC 2015.5 / 6.5 and it does provide support for your camera model.

However if you are getting an error message to the effect "Files could not be read" this is a different issue and it probably caused by you trying to import the files using the copy option in the import dialog to a location e.g folder on your computer for which you do not have full "read and write" permission. This needs to be corrected using your operating system or you need to select another "Destination" folder in the import dialog.

• 6. Re: Raw file update?
                    ryans73481806 Level 1

Thanks that is really helpful and sounds like the issue.  Appreciate the feedback.