1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 6, 2006 6:59 AM by Newsgroup_User

forbidden permissions

zalel Level 1
      I deleted and re-uploaded the osommerce files, using Transmit. I then used Transmit to set all of the permissions to 755 (I am in PHP Power Mode, so this is correct). I set permissions on EVERY file and folder that might get results (shop; admin/includes/config; install/install & index; etc.).

Each time, I received an error. The errors were all variations on the errors below. What can I do to remedy this problem?

The requested URL /shop/osc/admin/includes/config.php was not found on this server.

You don't have permission to access /shop/osc/admin/includes/ on this server.

Warning: main(../../../../oscommerce/osc/install/includes/includes/functions/general.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/shop/osc/install/includes/application.php on line 22

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '../../../../oscommerce/osc/install/includes/includes/functions/general.php' (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/shop/osc/install/includes/application.php on line 22

• 1. Re: forbidden permissions
          Level 7
          nickymc posted something on 6/6/06 5:34 AM so i blathered about to and fro:

> The requested URL /shop/osc/admin/includes/config.php was not found on this
          > server.
          >

my guess is that one or more of the paths in the config or setup is wrong.
          Most of the errors you quoted are that the files the script is looking for
          are not where it was told to look for them.

go back to the readme installation docs.
          double check what the path should be and edit them in the config file, or do
          a uninstall/reinstall of the store if using an installer wizard.