I would do the following:
- Make a backup. Do not continue without a backup. Just in case something goes wrong.
- Create a new map file with the correct name.
- Close RoboHelp.
- Open the old .h file with Notepad.
- Cut its contents and save the now empty file.
- Open the new .h file with Notepad.
- Paste the cut contents and save the file.
- Remove the .CPD file.
- Open the RoboHelp project.
- Remove the wrong .h file.
Thanks for your suggestion. I used a dummy project to test your directions and was able to get a satisfactory result. I want to share something I noticed, though, as it may help someone else.
First, to test your directions, I created a new .h file called “Map Files_03222016” and copy/pasted contents from an old .h file into the new one using Notepad ++.
After I completed the rest of your instructions, I opened the new .h file in the RoboHelp interface, but, I could not see any of the contents I had added.
At first I was concerned that my contents somehow did not get copied into the .h file. However, I checked the .h file in Notepad again and confirmed that the content I added was in indeed there. (Also, I remembered that I think I saw other threads on the community board regarding Map IDs that appear to be “missing/invisible” in the UI but are actually in the project, so I will do more reading on that later on).
Then, I generated my project so I could check the whcshdata.js file, which is the file I give to my developers so they can connect the content from the help system to our application. Everything I expected to see was indeed there.
So, I was able to produce the output I needed and I will use these steps to duplicate/rename an .h file in my real project. Thanks again for your assistance - your method is going to save me a lot of time!