3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2016 5:31 AM by Rick Gerard

Can't see other layers with "generate circle" effect?

cooperepps

I don't think I need to explain the question any more...but here's some screenshots:

Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 1.00.07 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-03-22 at 2.02.22 PM.png

Is this something I just need to pre-comp, then put over the background I want in another composition?

Thanks, I feel like I always ask silly questions but I really appreciate it every time.

• 1. Re: Can't see other layers with "generate circle" effect?
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

We can't tell what you're trying to do.  Please explain.  Show us another #2 screen shot with the properties you're modifying, too.

• 2. Re: Can't see other layers with "generate circle" effect?
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Check the blending modes. You may have used a stencil mode.

Mylenium

• 3. Re: Can't see other layers with "generate circle" effect?
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Unfortunately the only thing we know from your screenshots is that you have four circle effects, roughen edges and circle mask applied to a single layer. Unfortunately we have no idea what you have done with the effects. The two screenshots also show the CTI at a different time and we don't know what you are trying to accomplish.

The best way to diagnose a problem is to select the layers that are giving you problems one at a time and then press the U key twice to reveal all modified properties. Now start turning off effects or resetting properties one at a time until you figure out what is causing the problem. If you can't figure anything out then show us the screenshot and maybe we can get some ideas.

I'm guessing that you have added some circles to the comp that you want to fall into the circle mask and look like they are filling up a cup. It looks like something is showing up in the second screenshot but we don't know what it's supposed to look like or what is missing. Is this what you are looking for?

Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 5.31.12 AM.png