4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2009 12:26 PM by m_lister

Context Sensitive Help broken

m_lister
      Hi,

My QA person has informed me that our context sensitive help is not working. Normally, I can click a hyperlink in the web browser (IE or Firefox) and go directly to the page associated with the map ID. Now, every help link goes directly to the default page for the help system. The rest of the help system works normally.

I am generating WebHelp using RoboHelp X5.0.2

What files/code do I need to look at to see where the problem is?

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Context Sensitive Help broken
          RoboColum(n) Level 5
          Hi m_lister and welcome to the RH community.

To be able to answer your questions we'd need to know how the help is being called from the application. There are three methods as described here. All I can say is that no changes have been made to the help file it must be something the developers have done to the application call.
          • 2. Re: Context Sensitive Help broken
            Ben Minson Level 2
            If this happens to us, sometimes it is caused by the developers having refactored pages, and the default help call was put in. You indicated that you're using map IDs. Have the developers or testers (or you could probably do it yourself using View Source in your browser) check a few of the pages to see if the help call, including the proper map IDs, are still intact.

--Ben
            • 3. Re: Context Sensitive Help broken
              m_lister Level 1
              I tried View Source in IE 7 on several different pages, and the map IDs look to be intact.

Here is the source code (348 is the map ID in this case):

script language="JavaScript" src="/servername/RoboHelp_CSH.js"></script>
               <a href="#" style="color:#FFFFFF" onClick="javascript:RH_ShowHelp(0, '/servername/RoboHelp/ActiveNetHelp.htm&gt;WithNavPane', HH_HELP_CONTEXT, 348);"
              onMouseover="window.status='Help for this Page';return true;"
              onMouseout="window.status=''" title="Help for this Page">Help</a> 

Is there specific code in the RoboHelp_CSH.js file I need to look at?
              • 4. Re: Context Sensitive Help broken
                m_lister Level 1
                UPDATE:

I have determined that only a few of the map IDs are actually assigned to topics in the RoboHelp project - these are the only context sensitive help topics that display properly in the program.

So now I need to reassign a whole bunch of map topics...ugh.

Thanks for the help.