4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2016 1:15 AM by simonlange

How can I make the prototype into an App?

simonlange

Is there anyway I can make it look like a native app instead of something in a browser? There must be a trick!

br. Simon

• 1. Re: How can I make the prototype into an App?
          Mark_Rausch Adobe Employee

Hi Simon, are you asking how to turn the prototype into an actual application that runs on a mobile device, or how to style the prototype so that it looks more like a mobile app?

If it's the 2nd thing, there are UI kits you can choose from in the startup screen:
          UI kits.png

• 2. Re: How can I make the prototype into an App?
            simonlange Level 1

Hi Mark

Yes, I want others to experience the design/prototype as an native app on a mobile phone and NOT only as a mobile webpage in a mobile webbrowser. How can I make a fullscreen view of the prototype or by using some other app viewer to make the impression of a app when I share the link.

Is there an XD app for test and sharing of prototype. Its an idea or maybe somebody already have a trick to do it.

All the best - Simon

• 3. Re: How can I make the prototype into an App?
              Mark_Rausch Adobe Employee

Hi Simon,

Right now it's only possible to share to a mobile device as a webpage with the Sharing button. There is an long-term plan to build mobile apps as part of the XD system, but I just talked to the Product Manager and the primary purpose of them isn't for sharing your prototypes with others, as I understand it, the first iteration is going to function more like the Previewer part of the desktop app.

Did you know you can view the prototype in the browser and save a shortcut to it on the device's home screen? Starting it that way makes it feel much more like a mobile app. Can you give that a try and tell us what you feel is missing or wrong about that experience?

Mark

• 4. Re: How can I make the prototype into an App?
                simonlange Level 1

Hi Mark

OK - it just feel a bit wrong and I would appreciate another way.

I have tried the "shortcut to home screen"  - and it helped. But actually the template is then 10 - 20 pix to sign because of the header in iOS.

thx.