2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2016 7:34 AM by williampdx

PDFMAKER won't work???

ravm1472489

Hello,

I have Adobe Acrobat 15 PRO running on Windows 7 Pro .

when I attempt to convert a MS Word doc OR an Excel file into pdf, the error msg "Missing PDFMaker files. Do you want to run the installer in repair mode" appears. I tried running the repair mode twice, no difference.

How do I fix this?

this is urgent

• 1. Re: PDFMAKER won't work???
          YatharthS Adobe Employee

Hi ravm1472489 ,

Please provide the exact dot version of the software & OS installed at your system .Also check whether is there any update available for the software after going through "help > check for updates "

Follow this thread to reset the preferences for the Acrobat software :- How to reset Preference settings in Acrobat.

Please try step :-  C:/ >Program Files (x86) > Acrobat > Acrobat Pro DC  > Set up files > then a open the folder with Alpha numeric characters > then you will see a '.msi ' installer file . On running this installer, First modify the CreatePDF Plug in , then after Repair the Acrobat Program .

Let me know if it works.

Regards,

Yatharth

• 2. Re: PDFMAKER won't work???
            williampdx Level 1

After much trial and error I found this workaround, not sure if it will work for you. We are running Adobe Acrobat X Standard and Office 2010.

Uninstall the PDFMaker component. Once this is done, you can still right click and convert files to PDF form. When I tried reinstalling the PDFMaker, the issue came back.

Open Start menu, Control Panel, change view by from category to small or large icons

Open the Programs and Features list

Click Adobe Acrobat X and then Change

Press Next, confirm that it is set to modify the installation and then press Next once more

Expand Create Adobe PDF click Acrobat PDFMaker and set the feature to not be available, click Next (if prompted, close out of all MS office products)

Test the right click convert to pdf function. You may need to run a repair of the Acrobat installation located under the help dropdown menu in the program after doing this before it will work.