2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2016 9:18 AM by clydescott

AErendercores unresponsive

clydescott

Every time I work in AE I notice that I rack up multiple aerendercore unresponsive entries in the Activity Monitor.  Eventually this leads to errors when I attempt a RAM preview and I have to force quit every failure.  Is this normal?  Any idea how to fix?

• 1. Re: AErendercores unresponsive
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It doesn't happen to me on Windows or Mac.

What exact version of AE are you running down to the last decimal? Is it 13.7.1?

What OS version?

Does it happen every time you work with AE? What is in your comp? Effects, plugins, format/codec of assets, etc.?

• 2. Re: AErendercores unresponsive
            clydescott Level 1

Here is my system info:

AE version 13.2.0.49—though this happened with the previous version of AE as well.  It’s actually been happening since I started working on this machine.

Mac OS X 10.9.5

Mac Pro (late 2013)

3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5

64 GB 1867 MHz DDR3 ECC

AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB

I believe it happens every time I work in AE, though I haven’t run tests to try and pinpoint exactly when it happens.  I first noticed it when my RAM previews got shorter and shorter until I couldn’t preview anything.  When researching that issue I found someone recommending to look for aerendercore failures in the Activity Monitor and then force-quit them.  That’s what I’ve been doing since.