• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

all content and toc missing? buttons reordered... some added?

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2006 Apr 07, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

one of a few help systems used in our online app is not working. the window appears, at the right size, colors, etc... but has the buttons along the top swapped out, one extra button, some extra buttons in the toc - but the toc is empty and NO contents appear.

any ideas? i'm thinking server issues... but i can't figure this out. i haven't published this or any project to this server in prob months. i republish this project to my test server and it works fine.

any help greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Apr 07, 2006 Apr 07, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sarahintysons

Does the project generate and display correctly on your local PC? If so, server issues it is! You may want to refresh all the associated swarm of files to ensure everything is up to snuff. It could be that the server experienced a crash, IT restored things and didn't tell you. And possibly the restore didn't go exactly as planned as far as your project is concerned.

Cheers and good luck! Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2006 Apr 08, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick!

I was right - It was sever issues. Took at least half of the day for IT to believe me.

Anyways... what happened had to do with some new load balancing they put in place. I currently call the help from within our app using a https://help.company.com/robo(etcetc)=projname link. Well, the "s" broke it bc now the ssl works differently.

Thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2006 Apr 08, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oops. I forgot to say - they put a temporary fix in place. The "https" links now work (which they should). Now just to find a long term solution...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2006 Aug 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Did you find any fix for this ?

Regards
Swati

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2006 Aug 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
short term, yes. they took the help server off of load balancing and put the s back into the http (required for us). the help server wasn't being balanced w another help server, and until it is this will work.

i am more than interested in finding a long term solution though... any insight would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp