1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 31, 2016 1:02 PM by MCDC_IT

Opening PDF with Acrobat XI/DC stuns the network connection

MCDC_IT

I've got a couple installations of Acrobat XI Standard in my organization.  When users open a PDF, Acrobat hangs for a short time, and apparently stuns the network connection long enough to disconnect RDP sessions these users utilize all day long to conduct business.  If they're streaming audio from the 'net, it will suspend that as well.

I've already implemented the bProtectedMode=0 registry mod with no success, as well as setting the "documents in recently use list" to 1.  I've upgraded the users to Acrobat DC, and the behavior still exists there.  Using a different PDF viewer (i.e. Foxit) resolves the issue, but we'd LIKE to use Adobe for this.  Does anyone have a fix for this?

• 1. Re: Opening PDF with Acrobat XI/DC stuns the network connection
          MCDC_IT Level 1

We just heard that we've got yet ANOTHER user who's experiencing the disconnecting of RDP sessions when she opens Adobe Reader.  I don't know how many other employees are encountering this same situation but NOT contacting the IT Department to report it.  I can't believe this issue persists across multiple versions of Acrobat/Reader.  Foxit is looking much more enticing the longer this issue goes unsolved.