5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2016 7:59 AM by Bob Somrak

Using the Brush Adjustment tool in Detail window

vernonj26471619

When I go to use the Brush Adjustment tool in the Detail window, as soon as I click on the Brush Adjustment icon, the Detail window disappears.  What can I do differently to be able to make minute adjustments in my image?

• 1. Re: Using the Brush Adjustment tool in Detail window
          dj_paige Level 9

I'm not sure I understand. There is no brush adjustment tool in the detail window.

You could use the Adjustment Brush after you have zoomed in 1:1 (or even larger), but this has nothing to do with the detail window.

• 2. Re: Using the Brush Adjustment tool in Detail window
            richardplondon Level 4

The Detail panel includes a small 1:1 zoom preview just as a convenience, so that you can judge the effect of your sharpening properly at the individual pixel level, even if you are not currently zoomed to 1:1 in the main Develop window. Often we may be viewing the entire picture as we work, and not wish to zoom in otherwise. This particular little preview is specific to Detail.

When using adjustments from other panels besides Detail, also while using the Adjustment brush etc, you can bring the main window to 1:1 if you want. This presents exactly the same information that the small preview in Detail would have shown, except you have a much larger extent of the image visible this way - right up to fullscreen, even.

Assuming 1:1 is clicked at top left, you can toggle between Fit and 1:1 just by clicking on the image. Exception: when using a tool (such as brush) which would normally involve clicking on the image for other purposes - hold down the spacebar key, and click to zoom. You can also pan around the image, as you view or work on different parts of it, while the spacebar is pressed down - without interrupting the action of the tool you are using.

• 3. Re: Using the Brush Adjustment tool in Detail window
              vernonj26471619 Level 1

Here's what I want to do.  I want to be able to greatly enlarge a small section of my photo and then do some adjustments like changing the color or blemishes of that small area.  I have just switched from Aperture to Lightroom, and I know there are videos and instructions explaining how to do this, but I am having trouble getting specific information.  When I enlarge with the 1:1 button, it doesn't enlarge the area I want.  How do you select a color on the photo to be able to brush away and hide a blemish?

• 4. Re: Using the Brush Adjustment tool in Detail window
                dj_paige Level 9

When I enlarge with the 1:1 button, it doesn't enlarge the area I want.

If you want to view a different area of the photo at 1:1, hold the space bar down, then drag the photo left or right or up or down to the desired area.

• 5. Re: Using the Brush Adjustment tool in Detail window
                  Bob Somrak Level 5

In Preferences under Interface turn on "Zoom clicked point to center" and your 1:1 zoom will center to where you pointed at the time of zoom.

Screen Shot 2016-03-25 at 8.35.27 AM.png