3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2016 12:04 PM by Szalam

Is it possible to override the embedded profile in the interpretation settings for a source clip?

zachnfine Level 1

Is it possible to override the embedded profile in the interpretation settings for a source clip?

I was given a bunch of prores4444 footage to work with that is quite clearly arrilog-C, but apparently has an embedded profile of "HDTV (Rec.709)". I figured I'd just bring up the 'Interpret Footage' window for the clip and go to the "Color Management" tab and assign a profile. But no can do, the assign profile dropdown menu is disabled/grayed-out.

I am guessing that I'm not allowed to assign a profile because one exists and is embedded in the file. But what I want to do is override the clearly erroneous tag that's made its way into the clip's metadata so that I can get my work done in a color managed environment. Instead I'm having to go old-school with an adjustment layer and an 'Apply Color LUT' filter, but that adds a bunch of work when I want to export both non-color-managed DPX files and LUT-affected quicktime files from the same composition.

Am I missing something? Is there a way for me to assign a profile to the clip that accurately represents the clip's colorspace, overriding the erroneous profile that came with the clip?

Thanks for any help or info.

2016-03-24 at 12.29 PM.jpg

AfterEffects CC 2015.2 (13.7.1.6) on OS X 10.11.1.