3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2016 9:25 AM by Chuck Uebele

adjustment brush/graduated filter bug camera raw 9.5

BruceVI

Trying to select and edit an already applied adjustment brush or a graduated filter is painfully difficult.  The hot-spot to select is too small and off-center to the upper left quadrant of the adjustment handle spots almost to the outside edge of the circle.  The hot area also extends slightly outside the circle but the whole hot area is smaller than the full size of the spot.

How could this have been missed by all the pre-release testers???????

• 1. Re: adjustment brush/graduated filter bug camera raw 9.5
          Chuck Uebele Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You're wrongly assuming that Adobe corrects everything the beta testers find. Can you show a screen shot? The handles in Camera Raw used to be painfully small, but they should be bigger in 9.5.

• 2. Re: adjustment brush/graduated filter bug camera raw 9.5
            BruceVI Level 1

In a Windows environment, I've never found a way to do a screen capture that includes where the cursor is located.  Perhaps you could test this by creating a graduated filter on a .DNG file, deselect it and then attempt to re-select the innermost point.  My test results are constant in that in order to re-select the end-point spot the cursor has to be placed near the upper left hand quadrant of the circle-spot and the "hot-spot" for selection extends on almost a straight line upward and to the left at about a 45 degree angle until only a few pixels outside the circle-spot.

I was a pre-release tester for Adobe for a half dozen years from CS4 through he beginning of CC.  I know how it works.

• 3. Re: adjustment brush/graduated filter bug camera raw 9.5
              Chuck Uebele Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I can't seem to reproduce this. I have no trouble reselecting the handle even if it's outside the image area. Yes, it would be nice to be able to capture location with a screen capture. Good that you know how the PR works. I see a lot of post blaming the folks on it, and they try very hard to catch everything and get Adobe to fix issues.