Ok - strange problem. I built a flash project that is made up
of 15 separate .swf files all in the same directory. They all
reference each other via a relative path and an external library
(ExternalLibrary.swf) that's also in the same directory.
When I first tested everything the HTML file was also in the
same directory as the swfs and it worked perfectly. When the
external library was needed it downloaded once and was used
So turns out the final HTML needed to be two directories back
so I added the Flash Base Parameter into the js that pulls in the
flash. It still works fine except for the fact that every time the
external library is referenced now the browser re-downloads the
ExternalLibrary.swf for each instance. Not sure why the Flash Base
Parameter is causing this.
BTW - I'm using several browsers. Once of them is Safari
which has an activity monitor which allows me to see what files
download in the browser and when. This is how I discovered the