3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2016 12:40 AM by Mylenium

How to get position of puppeted shape

bunion4 Level 1

If i have a shape layer with several small squares in it, which has a puppet tool on the layer, how do it determine the position of one of the squares after the puppet tool has moved them?

Thanks

• 1. Re: How to get position of puppeted shape
          bunion4 Level 1

Is this possible without motion tracking? I want to place something at a specific point that is not a pin. The mesh also bends.

• 2. Re: How to get position of puppeted shape
            Warren Heaton Adobe Community Professional

Is sounds like you've already found the "Puppet Pin" Position parameter and that that's not getting you the coordinates that you're looking for.

Have you tried hovering the mouse over the square that you're looking to get the position information for while viewing the Info Panel?

If there's an exact spot you're looking for on the square, you could create a duplicate footage item and paint the spot on the square with a color that stands out.  Track that dot and then replace the artwork with the original art (the source footage that does not have the spot).

-Warren

• 3. Re: How to get position of puppeted shape
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

If i have a shape layer with several small squares in it, which has a puppet tool on the layer, how do it determine the position of one of the squares after the puppet tool has moved them?

Aside from this sounding like the most awkward and terrible workflow one could imagine, there is no real way to determine the actual position. Using the pin positions might give you some rough idea, but it's not the exact position of the actual pixels, only the input data for the deformation matrix.

Mylenium