• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 7 - Update 7.03.001

Feb 20, 2009 Feb 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I am currently working in RH7 and received an Adobe Automatic Update pop-up this morning on my system asking to install RoboHelp 7 update 7.03.001. I went out to Adobe's "Updates" page under support to see what the update is for and did not see it listed. Any one have any idea what this update fixes or if it is even legit?

Thanks,
Dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan,

I don't use RH7 but I am unaware of another patch to that version. What happens if you use the Help > Updates menu item?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same as if you do Colum, it will show a 7.0.3 update is available. :-)

I've just emailed someone at Adobe for more information and will post back as soon as I can. Usually on installing the patch, a readme file can be found but I prefer to know in advance what I am installing. I have asked where that information can be found.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I will look forward for your findings before I proceed with the install as well because much like your self, I prefer to know what I'm installing before running it as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to remember that the 7.02 update was being grabbed by people's RH updaters before the update was available for download on the RH updates page. My updater wasn't working, so I had to wait for it to be posted on the Adobe site before I could apply it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will be next week before I can point anyone to the relevant information.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2009 Feb 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the response.

· If a user is creating a project with Adobe RoboHelp for Word – Japanese (with patch 7.0.2 installed), project cannot be saved after editing. This problem is not there in non-Japanese products.

· Publishing to Adobe RoboHelp Server 8 is enabled from RH7 after installing this patch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2009 Feb 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've directed my other writers to get the update, but one is unable to download. We verified update preferences, and she's still getting "No updates available". Did Adobe take the upgrade off-line?

Should I be concerned if only 3/4 of my writers have it? All of our generations are being done on one of the machines that have had the patch.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On this occasion, probably not an issue. It allows generation of WebHelp Pro to RH Server 8 and fixes a RH for Word issue for Japanese language users.

Does that user have admin rights attached to her profile? If not, I expect the patch to be downloadable before too long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks, Peter!

I just passed the word on to them.

Just to be safe, I've told the person who did not get the change that she should not generate/publish on her machine (remote in on one of the other writer's machines).

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp