4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2016 3:55 PM by GurayGursoy

After Effects CC 2015 Rasterize messes up 3D Animation

GurayGursoy Level 1

Im trying to a project for my class, but whenever I tried to rasterize Main Composition for 3D Phone Layers it goes flat, cant animate anything, this Menu Pops Upp from my screen animations.

I tried to do a new one, but I cant animate anything as 3D whenever I rasterize. Anyone can help?

AE 2.jpgAE 1.jpg

• 1. Re: After Effects CC 2015 Rasterize messes up 3D Animation
          Warren Heaton Adobe Community Professional

Are you using the Classic 3D Renderer or the Ray-traced 3D Renderer?

Masks and Effects on Continuously Rasterized layers, including Text and Shape Layers, are not rendered by the Ray-traced 3D renderer.

Screen Shot 2016-03-24 at 7.26.22 PM MOD.png

• 2. Re: After Effects CC 2015 Rasterize messes up 3D Animation
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Here's what I think is going on. I can only assume because you have not identified the layers that are giving you problems. The layer with the 10/35 in the white square appears to be a pre.comp. I'm guessing that if you open the pre-comp, I think it's name is Screen, that the screen layer is a 2D layer. When you collapse transformations that's what the camera sees, so you cannot rotate the layer into place. If the screen layer were 3D then you would have to position the layer in exactly the right 3D space to have it line up with the phone base if you collapse transformations. You are just not understanding the difference between Continuously Rasterize which allows you to scale up vector images without pixelization and Collapse Transformations which makes the current comp camera react withy 3D elements and effects in the nested comps.

I'm not sure what is going on in your project but I would probably not have used 3D layers but instead would have used corner pin. If you must build the phone with 3D layers then I would have comped the screen and the phone layers together and then put all of the pieces in a pre-comp and collapsed transformations so that the camera would interact with the 3D layers in the nested comp. There's nothing wrong with your project but approach and workflow.

• 3. Re: After Effects CC 2015 Rasterize messes up 3D Animation
              GurayGursoy Level 1

Inside pre-comps all layers rasterized works fine, AI Files, Stock İmages.. I cant even animate rasterized PNG File on a new project for some reason

."You are just not understanding the difference between Continuously Rasterize which allows you to scale up vector images without pixelization and Collapse Transformations which makes the current comp camera react withy 3D elements and effects in the nested comps."

Im going to check this out

Corner Pin doesnt really suit my work, I created 3D Phone with PNG images, and did little coding for 3D stuff with slider,

Thanks for the reply !

• 4. Re: After Effects CC 2015 Rasterize messes up 3D Animation
                GurayGursoy Level 1

I cant even animate rasterized png file on a new project, prob thats the issue I'll check it tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks for the reply