2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2016 12:05 AM by Laubender

how to set auto page numbers for booklet layout in InDesign?

Fr0sT

I want to print a booklet, about 100 pages, I used InDesign. I want to set page numbers for booklet like this:

100, 1

2, 99

98, 3

Anyone know how to set auto page numbers like that?

thanks

• 1. Re: how to set auto page numbers for booklet layout in InDesign?
          Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

If you design a booklet, make normal following pages, as it should be done:
          –, 1

2, 3

4, 5

6,…

Let the printer do the imposing as you have not the needed know-how to do it correctly.

Set up your document as facing pages and EXPORT as PDF according the settings given from your printer.

Set your auto number on your master on its own layer on top of all other layers.

Anything else is crasp.

• 2. Re: how to set auto page numbers for booklet layout in InDesign?
            Laubender Adobe Community Professional & MVP

That's not a good idea.
            The imposition of pages should not be done in InDesign.
            Your InDesign layout should always reflect the order of pages in reading order.

Imposition is an extra step after creating a PDF with pages from 1 to 100.
            Usually done by the print shop. And with special software, that accounts for various parameters. Sheet size, binding, paper thickness, …

If you want to print that on your own laser printer, you could use InDesign's Print to Booklet function.
            Or you can do it from Acrobat Pro or Acrobat DC using a similar feature.
            Or your printer driver has a similar feature.

How do you want to fold and bind the printed sheets?

Cut the folded sheets?

Uwe