7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2016 2:00 PM by Sue Garibaldi

Saving bug?

DanielMarx

Please, I need some help.

It looks like the Adobe Draw on my iPad Pro has some kind of saving bug. The app tries to do some data saving (52 Mb into the creative cloud?) and seems to get stucked within that process. I have no options to interrupt this process. No restart of the app, not even change of the user will work. And so I cannot send any of my vector graphics to illustrator, the creative cloud etc. Please help, otherwise I'd have to reinstall Adobe Draw (and might loose all my finished work)

• 1. Re: Saving bug?
          Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Daniel.

I just responded through the in-app feedback, but in case you look here first. Is all your work synced? Can you check for me? Log in with your Adobe ID to http://assets.adobe.com (My Assets - Mobile Creations - Draw) and see if everything's there.

Sue.

• 2. Re: Saving bug?
            DanielMarx Level 1

Hi Sue,

thx for the fast response. In fact, 3 of 4 mobile Illustrations have been saved in my assents. Unfortunately, I cannot work with these files because they are not saved as vector graphics and I don´t see any option to export/import them as vector graphics into Illustrator CC.  I guess, the trouble with my mobile app "Adobe Draw" started sometime this morning. The app seems to "freeze" in a saving process, although my device is online. And there ist absolutely nothing I can do to stop this process. I even restarted my iPad Pro :-(

• 3. Re: Saving bug?
              joannew98952060

I am having exactly that same issue as Daniel

• 4. Re: Saving bug?
                DanielMarx Level 1

Hi Joannew,

it is quite a wierd issue. Seems like all export options are blocked due to this saving error. I just started working with Adobe Draw a couple days ago and its a great app for vector illustrations. But I really dislike the fact, that I cannot save my artwork as a vector file in the creative cloud right away. It feels quite unsafe to do most of the creative work on a mobile device without having an option to save my work "on the go". I thought thats the idea of a creative cloud :-/

• 5. Re: Saving bug?

Daniel,

I think this is a Creative Cloud syncing issue. Have you tried force-quitting Draw? I don't normally suggest this unless all work is synced, but I think it's the only way to get you out of the loop of constant back-up. Double tap the iPad's Home button; scrolll through your apps until you see Draw; then swipe up on the app.

After you force quit, restart your device, then relaunch Draw.

Let me know what happens.

• 6. Re: Saving bug?
                    DanielMarx Level 1

Force-quitting Draw? Nice advice

But thats something, I usually try within the first minute, when problems like this occur.

Sorry, but I tried almost everything but whenever I restart the app (even the entire iPad Pro), Draw will instantly return to the backup loop. And as long as this loop in in progress, I cannot export my work in any way

• 7. Re: Saving bug?

Daniel.

The only thing I can suggest at this point is to uninstall the app and reinstall it. I'm sorry, you're probably going to lose that one project that isn't showing as synced. The rest of your work should be fine.

This is the best argument for PDF or high-res export of some sort and I will make sure the team hears it again.

Sue.