12 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2016 12:23 PM by Sue Garibaldi

Uploading to illustrator is not working?

joannew98952060 Level 1

I use adobe draw on an almost daily basis (on ipad pro), and export to Illustrator regularly with no issues, however today I cannot seem to export anything from adobe draw - is there a problem with adobe?

• 1. Re: Uploading to illustrator is not working?
          Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Joanne,

Send to Illustrator CC does seem like it's working a bit more slowly today, but it's working. A couple of things to check:
          Is it just one drawing you're having trouble sending? Or every drawing you try?

Can you try creating a super simple drawing and try sending that?

Are Illustrator CC and your Creative Cloud Desktop App up-to-date?

Let me know how that goes.

Sue.

• 2. Re: Uploading to illustrator is not working?
            joannew98952060 Level 1

Hello Sue

In response:

Is it just one drawing you're having trouble sending? Or every drawing you try? - Problems with all drawings

Can you try creating a super simple drawing and try sending that? - Done & failed

Are Illustrator CC and your Creative Cloud Desktop App up-to-date? - Yes, all up to date

any other ideas?

• 3. Re: Uploading to illustrator is not working?

Joanne,

Can you first try restarting both your iPad and your computer and then try sending again? If that doesn't solve the problem, try signing out of both Draw and the Creative Cloud Desktop App, restarting both, then signing in again, then try sending again.

It's possible there was an earlier issue with Creative Cloud because I'm getting more than a normal amount of comments about Send to Desktop not working.

Sue.

• 4. Re: Uploading to illustrator is not working?
                joannew98952060 Level 1

I am having problems signing out of Adobe Draw - it says it is doing a back-up but its just been spinning around for around 10 mins...

• 5. Re: Uploading to illustrator is not working?
                  joannew98952060 Level 1

I have signed out of both, restarted both - it is still not working. I get a message on my Macbook that the document could not download, and to try again. The Ipad shows that the drawing was 'sent', but it just wont appear on the macbook.

• 6. Re: Uploading to illustrator is not working?

Joanne,

What's going on your desktop? When you tap the CC icon, then the Apps or Assets tab, are you seeing a spinner there?

(Mine was working OK earlier and it just took me three tries to get my work to the desktop.)

Sue.

• 7. Re: Uploading to illustrator is not working?

Joanne,

One more thing: I'd like you to look for a folder for me:

Open Finder and click on the Go menu item while holding down the Option key (if you don't hold down the option key, the Library item will not show and that's what you need to access).

Open Library

In that folder open Application Support

Then Adobe

Once in the Adobe folder open the OOBE folder

In there, you'll see a Push to Desktop folder

See if you see a folder with today's date.

If there's a file in there with today's date, try to open it with Illustrator CC.

Sue.

• 8. Re: Uploading to illustrator is not working?
                        joannew98952060 Level 1

Hi Sue

I see several folders with yesterdays date, but I dont see an option to 'Open With' in the menu, so i am not sure how to open it with Illustrator?

My Ipad pro is stuck in a syncing loop, and I think this is what is causing the issue with the files not transferring over. (I have an older ipad with adobe draw also installed, and I just tried form this - the 2 drawings i did yesterday are not visible on my older ipad )

• 9. Re: Uploading to illustrator is not working?

HI Joanne,

Are any of them .draw files? If so, try this: Option + drag one of them to the desktop (just so it's easier to grab), open Illustrator CC then use Open in the File menu to open it.

Let me know whether you can open it?

Sue.

• 10. Re: Uploading to illustrator is not working?
                            RaquelBenmergui Level 1

I am having the same problem since yesterday. My drawings are not going to Illustrator.

Any idea what is the problem and when will it be fixed.

Why have this function if it is not reliable??? This is bot the first time I have had this same problem.

There should be another way around it. In Ideas you could save the file directly as a pdf.

Why has that possibility not been kept in this app?

BR,

Raquel

• 11. Re: Uploading to illustrator is not working?

Hi Raquel,

Sorry it's not working for you. A few things I'd like you to do (in a particular order). I know that you've already done some of them, but if you could check again just to be sure...

1. First log in with your Adobe ID to http://assets.adobe.com (My Assets - Mobile Creations - Draw) and make sure all the work on your device is synced to Creative Cloud.

2. Make sure you're using Draw v3.2.77233

Make sure you're using Illustrator v19.2.1 or Photoshop v2015.1.2

Make sure you're using the Creative Cloud Desktop App v3.5.1.209

3. Next,

Close Illustrator CC

Log out of the Creative Cloud Desktop App (tap the CC icon, then the Gear icon, then Preferences, then Sign Out.

Restart your laptop

Then log back in to Creative Cloud

4. Before you try to send from the app,

Log out of Draw, (tap the Draw icon, then the field with your name, then Sign Out).

Restart your device

Then log back in to the app.

5. Once everything's running, and you're all logged in create a NEW, simple drawing in Draw then try sending to the desktop again.

Let me know how that goes.

Sue.

• 12. Re: Uploading to illustrator is not working?

Joanne,

Is Send to Desktop working for you? How's the endless syncing on your iPad Pro?

Let me know when you have a minute.

Sue.