5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2016 2:19 AM by Just Shoot Me

from CC to Lr6 only

kimh5352037

hey i tried the test version cc  after the test period was out i bought  LR6 (fixed price) instead. And now i have  problem to install it and get it to work.

Any good ideas how i will make it happen?

• 1. Re: from CC to Lr6 only
          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

LR 6 and CC are exactly the same program, same download/install files and same installed files on your hard drive.

The difference is how you Sign In.

Sign in with an Adobe ID that "IS" Associated with a subscription plan and it becomes the CC version.

Sign in with an Adobe ID the is "NOT" (and never has been) Associated with a subscription plan then the program asks you for a serial number and once a valid serial number is entered it becomes the 6 version.

Do you have an Adobe ID that was never associated with an Adobe CC subscription (you must because that is the only way you can post to these forums)?

Sign in with that ID email address and the password for it and a dialog should pop up asking for a serial number. Input the serial number Adobe sent to you @ that email address you used for the Adobe ID.

Note if you bought the upgrade version of 6 you will also need a valid serial number from a previous version to complete the registration.

• 2. Re: from CC to Lr6 only
            kimh5352037 Level 1

Do you mean that i need a new Adobe ID? i have only one.

When i put in the serial number it does not accept it.

It say the it cant veriy it, and nothing happen.

This is my first LR not an update.

• 3. Re: from CC to Lr6 only
              kimh5352037 Level 1

I have only tried the test version for 30days on CC before.

• 4. Re: from CC to Lr6 only

You don't need a new Adobe ID if the one you are using has never been tied to a subscription plan.

If you are getting an error that it can't verify the serial number that sounds like your computer is having a problem connecting to the Adobe servers.

First thing to do is check the HOSTS file for any entries point to Adobe or Adobe.com and remove them.

Second is to check that whatever firewall, AV or internet security software you might be using isn't blocking the connection to the Adobe servers.

• 5. Re: from CC to Lr6 only

Why is my post above being moderated. There is Nothing in it that calls for moderation.

FIX THE FORUM SOFTWARE.