3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2016 12:05 PM by ssprengel

Ligthroom W10

christinad65551003 Level 1

Hello,

I'm still on W7 because of the problems with Ligthroom on W10. Can you give some helps to introduce it without problems with regard to Ligthroom? Thank you

• 1. Re: Ligthroom W10
          dj_paige Level 9

Could you be more specific and provide more details? It's not clear to me what you are asking.

• 2. Re: Ligthroom W10
            JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

When I upgraded to Windows 10, I performed an upgrade install (not a clean install) via the Internet. My computer might be unique, but I have experienced no problems following the parade. Lightroom performs normally. My computer is not anything special. Intel i5 processor, 8 GB RAM, integrated graphics. As far as I know, there is no general problem with Windows 10.

• 3. Re: Ligthroom W10
              ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

A common issue when upgrading to a new OS is that the video drivers aren't quite compatible with LR.

If you are using LR 6 or LR CC, you may need to disable the GPU by going into LR / Prefs / Performance and disable the "Use Graphics Acceleration" setting.

If you are using a previous version of LR then it doesn't use the GPU so that won't be the problem.

Another issue can be that the OS upgrade changed file and folder permissions and made folders readonly.  You may need to update the permissions using a OS function to give your user Read/Write access to the folders your photos are in.

If you can describe in more detail what is wrong, we may be able to help.

For me, I am using LR on Windows 10 just fine.