1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 30, 2016 9:31 PM by Rick Gerard

How to smooth a timelapse video

dpiralisd17168936

I make  time lapse from many pictures.. But I don't like the result.. How can make fade in out or smooth the video. This is an example of hyperlape, the sea is looking bad (or trees on other time-lapses)Hyper Lapse - Rio Bridge Greece HD - YouTube . I want a smooth change of pictures how can I do it on after-effects on multiple photos? Like this video Watch How Leonardo DiCaprio Change Over the Years - YouTube

• 1. Re: How to smooth a timelapse video
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The first video with the water just looks like water is going to look when you photograph your time-lapse using s short shutter speed. The problem is much easier to solve in the camera than in post. The second video is morphing techniques. To duplicate the effect exactly you need carefully prepared photographs and some 3rd party morphing plug-ins. You can get close with AE'e Reshape Effect (Effect>Distortion>Reshape) but to really make it look like the example you'll need to spend some money.

To learn how to use Reshape just type "reshape" in the search help field at the top right corner of AE and follow the links to the community resources. It's very unlikely that you'll be able to figure out how to use that tool by just poking around with it.