3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2016 11:28 AM by MyBackyardFurn

Why is it printing extra lines?

MyBackyardFurn

I am printing invitations 5.5 x 8.5 on a letter size paper. Can someone tell me why I am getting a thin line at the top and bottom of the invitation where NOTHING should be printing.

• 1. Re: Why is it printing extra lines?
          MyBackyardFurn Level 1

Just to make myself clear, I should be printing on one side of the paper but there is a line 1/8" from the top and bottom of the page, Horizontal Orientation, even on the page that doesn't have anything to print. My document has two pages, one for the outside of the invitation and the other page for the inside.

Is InDesign printing borders or something that I can turn off?

• 2. Re: Why is it printing extra lines?
            Derek Cross Level 6

Try, exporting  to PDF and printing from that, use Acrobat PDF Presets and for your desk-top printer probably best to select the High Quality Print option.

• 3. Re: Why is it printing extra lines?
              MyBackyardFurn Level 1

Seriously Derek, as soon I read that it was obvious. I cannot believe I had not thought of that before and I have been printing these invitations once a year for 5 years. To top it off it solved another problem that I thought was with my printer, I wanted it to print borderless!  I am ecstatic!!!

Do you know why InDesign tells my printer to print one way and then tells it to print to a PDF another way?

Thank you so much Derek!