2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2016 4:49 PM by wobertc

Import template folder structure into Lightroom

troyw15451457

I have a template folder structure I use for every photoshoot.  "Synchronize folder" is not adding the empty folders into Lightroom.  How can I add the template folder structure into Lightroom without having to manually add each folder for each photo project?

• 1. Re: Import template folder structure into Lightroom
          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

Unless these template folders are Subfolder under a higher level folder synchronize won't add them. you have to import them.

LR is not a File browser. It only knows folders you have imported images from. In the Import dialog you can select multiple folders to import images from. Just hold down the Ctrl (Windows) or Command (Mac) key and select the multiple folders you want to import images from.

The import dialog window is the only part of LR that sees all drives connected to your system and any networked drive you have access to on your LAN.

• 2. Re: Import template folder structure into Lightroom
            wobertc Adobe Community Professional

You can get the folder template into Lightroom if you 'seed' the lowest 'child' subfolder with one image (maybe your logo)

Then Import that one image and it will appear in Lightroom with the complete folder structure of 'parent' folders.

ScreenShot006.jpg